Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tug at the Heart Strings

Everyday on my way to work I pass an Elementary school. Usually I see happy little faces playing on the playground before school starts, but today I saw something that almost made me cry and continues to bring tears to my eyes every time I think about it.

As I waited at the crosswalk I saw a man who was walking away from the school's fence turn back around to face the fence. At first I wondered why this man was loitering around the school and then I saw it. There, reaching out to him, were two desperate little kid arms belonging to a little girl in glasses. He leaned down to talk to her and as I passed I could see the very distraught, pleading frown on her little face. Those little arms, that sad little face.

Even know, a full 8 hours later, as I type my chest is starting to hurt and my eyes are starting to water. I sincerely hope her day improved from the morning and that those sad little arms no longer reach out from within the fenced blacktop to perceived safety.

Here's to Thursday starting better...

No comments:

Post a Comment