Monday, April 9, 2012

Walkway 98% there


Saturday we enjoyed the start of our weekend with a trip to the dog park, which included our special visitor Yager, a trip to the Western Wear Outlook (yee-haaa!) and successfully attempted a new pizza recipe.  Tasty indeed! 

Sunday, insert dramatic music... we managed to finish laying the broken concrete stones for our walkway. We have toiled over this walk way for something like two years and finally this beast is set.  I pity the fool who decides they want to pull this up many years after we're gone, but their hypothetical distress was not on my mind when we cemented in the last section of blocks.  Just to see how it would look we poured our remaining supply of white rock into the open spaces, closest to the house and Carl (our tiki), and it looks fantastic!  For so long we had our mind set on small white rock which proved impossible to find, however the larger rock not only works, but looks great!!  
 

After our walkway work I stripped the paint from a bathroom cabinet that will soon be re-painted some vintage shade of avocado as a part of the hall bath rejuvenation.  You can't help but notice the pink, right?  No matter how you try to swing it, green and pink is as far from the cat's meow as I can fathom.  This 50's color combo rage is where I draw the line on staying true to the original atomic ranch style. Gross.  

I finished the day with a new recipe. I used what looked like lemons on roids given to us from our neighbor to make wicked good lemon bars from scratch and my oh my they're mighty fine.  I seriously doubt they'll last too long in the Hupp household! 



No comments:

Post a Comment