Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rude attire

Pregnancy is beautiful, unless you look preggers and your not.  After a few run ins with mirrors and even a video conference camera I've come to realize that my shirt has me shopping in the maternity isle even though I don't belong there.

The fabric itself is likely the first offender.  A light cotton blend sans structure is bound to hit and stop on places on the body where you don't want fabric getting stuck. Include an empire waist with a ribbon tied in the back that doesn't stay up where it should, and bad is now progressing to worse.  The ribbon tied in back causes the sides to slump a bit causing a perception that there is something under the font of the shirt lifting the shirt up and out.  The grand finally is the back of the shirt.  Because of the fabric weight and length it catches and semi bunches right at the top of my butt giving me the sway back appearance again as if I'm supporting a little buddy in front of me.

As tragic as this shirt sounds, I sill like it, however perhaps it will best serve it purpose under a blazer or sweater of some sort.  

No comments:

Post a Comment