Saturday, February 19, 2011

70's in Kansas City... in February??

Thursday's 70 degree forecast was deserving of a dress.  Little did I know wearing a dress would illicit a change in behavior by two men I'd interacted with the previous day.  Apparently khakis and sweater = unapproachable, but a dress is a shot out for recognition.  Nothing offensive, just much different, perhaps more bold, than the day before.

The dress I wore is one of my favorite work dresses, which is very business appropriate, not revealing in any way, thanks to a camisole, and well fitting, not stuck to me like neoprene or baggy and sack-like.  At breakfast I was spoken to by a co-gym attendee who I ran into on multiple occasions the day before without one word exchanged between us; however, this morning, while departing the breakfast area, he decided to chat it up with me about this morning's gym experience, the weather, blah, blah, blah.  Then later in the day, I was tapped on my wedding ring by a guy who commented "now why did you go and do that?".  Again, a guy I'd seen the day before with very little banter exchanged.  Was it the dress, who knows, but I'm willing to bet another pair of khakis wouldn't have brought about so much notice. I wouldn't say I'm a sucker for attention, but a little recognition always gives a gal a little ego boost.    

As usual, be sure to check out some pictures to the right of my KC trip. Not necessarily applicable to Thursday's experience, and a little lacking due to dieing batteries, but they give a general feel for the trip. Another point and shoot with rechargeable batteries is certainly on my "to buy" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment