Monday, July 13, 2009

Moving day in Phoenix - temp around 115

This past Sunday was a beautiful day because at 7:30 am on the dot, the ginormous moving truck containing our worldly possessions finally arrived. I'm not one for Semi-Truck love, but this truck stole my heart. I mean look at it, its the biggest truck I've ever seen and its, well, its just cool! We loved the fact that, despite the truck's massive size, like the average mover, it too ran out of room. Strapped to the back were 4 mattresses. Strapping mattresses on the back of an over-sized tractor trailer is just about as silly as "holding down" a full sized mattress on top of your car while you speed down the freeway.

Some of the side shots show how tight our stuff was packed in. It took the movers about 2 hours to get everything out of the Arlington apartment and into the truck, but it only took them about an hour to get it all crammed into our living room.

Despite having almost passed out due to a shelving assembly injury (mind you I have 3 tattoos and have never in my entire life come this close to passing out from pain), in 13 hours of unpacking we made darn good progress. We still have a little organizing to do but for the most part it was a rather productive day. Granted, about 2/3 of our boxes remain closed and "neatly" stacked in or second bedroom, its finally nice to have our stuff and make our temporary apartment more of a temporary home.

Check out the album for some lovely moving photos. (**includes a picture of my gross injury, yes I can be dramatic**)

No comments:

Post a Comment