Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween - updated

Just thought I'd post a quick costume picture for kicks.

Marge taking on work at the firm.

 More to come later!

Ok, so later wasn't supposed to be this much later, but it happens.

Marge turned out to be quite a hit a work.  I won the award for Most Original Costume and was told by many that I was robbed of the Best Overall Costume.  I didn't have any intention of competing based on last year's awkwardness, but I had nothing to lose and figured it was a good sign that people were dropping by my office to see my costume from various floors in our office.  I was a little nervous driving to work in costume and not seeing a single person dressed up, but I figured screw it, its one day a year, I'm rockin it!







Jackson was mighty agreeable with his costume this year, even though it was a little weak.  When answering the door for trick-or-treaters many thought he was cute, but couldn't decide if he was the shark or was being eaten by one.  I think the intent was that he was being eaten, but the outfit missed the mark.


Before little ghosts and goblin's arrived  Jonathan had the creative idea for using one of the pumpkin buckets to add a little Halloween flair to our porch light.  The buckets were used to protect the agave in the walk way, and luckily they worked pretty well.  I was a little, old-lady-like, when yelling out the window for people to not cross in the yard since I didn't want people destroying or getting hurt on our cactus.  And yes, that was the appropriate order of my concerns.  However, a majority of monsters did a good job of using the obvious walkway.  


This was the first year we actually ran out of candy and had to do a quick candy run. I didn't expect the easy going "that's ok" responses from the unlucky few who knocked when we were out of candy, but appreciated the positive attitude.  Jackson was a bit exhausted by the end of the evening, but did a great job letting lots of little kid hands pet and pat his head after getting their candy.

Till next year!!













No comments:

Post a Comment