Friday, February 10, 2012

Just another week

As of late we haven't been up to too many adventures. We recently added some white rock to the circle around the palm tree as well as in the front bed where we have some natal plums planted.  The white rock is a sassy contrast providing added visual interest to the simple front landscaping and recognizes a little Atomic Ranch/Arizona rock landscaping tradition.  In that regard, white rock is as far as I go.  The painted rock seen in parts of Sun City, the nation's first development intentionally designed for retirees, sports some of the most, shall I say "entertaining" painted rock landscaping designs I've ever seen.

With an upcoming athletic challenge right around the corner I've been making pretty solid strides in my training on the weekends but due to dark mornings have not been able to train well during the week.  In order to combat this I recently joined a gym and was quickly reminded why I prefer to train outside.  The first day was a comedy of errors.  Surveying the treadmill scene I opted for a machine one away from typhoid Jim who was boasting a minor, yet obnoxiously consistent throat clearing cough, only to find out it wasn't working.  After darn near punching the reset button I opted to step on the machine next to Sir Coughsalot just to get running. Right as I got the machine up to speed another treadmill freed up further down the line.  Not concerned with niceties I hopped off my current treadmill and started my run a comfortable distance away. Pit, pat, pit, pat hack hack hack, pit pat pit pat hack hack pit pat hack.  UGH!  I couldn't take it! Back off the treadmill and over to the movie room where treadmills faced a horrible horrible movie.  Not even sure what it was about but the actresses appeared to be in there teens, and were supposed to be acting out some sort of mid to late 20s love-lost mellow drama that was so horrible I had to again depart my treadmill.

Despite my gym blunders I managed to get in a little workout and noticed during the day that my mood and overall attitude was much improved from a non-workout day. I've been back to the gym several times since and have learned to better manage my gym expectations. Besides an occasional sweaty co-worker I'm managing my exercising in anonymity pretty well.

From exercise to Americana, we kept our Super Bowl Sunday pretty low key. After hitting up my dearest Costco I ran a few more errands and cleaned our casa while Jonathan headed to the office for a few hours of work. Even though it was just us the game provided a good excuse for pigs in blankets, bacon wrapped roasted dates, mini pizzas, tempura battered veggie stacks and a splash of Kettle. Jackson joined us in our gluttony with a beef rib bone thanks to our BBQ master buddies Scott and Bekke.  Although blurry you can tell Jackson wasn't going to have anyone take away his precious.



Below are a few more J-Bone pictures. Check out his death grip, chewing dedication and the occasional pause/progress check.


 



                                                                                



 




No comments:

Post a Comment