Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back in the saddle

Thursday turned out to be quite a lovely second-to-last day of the week. Around 2 pm I got a call from the insurance company of the other driver involved in the car crash.  The very crash way back in October that totaled my British Racing Green Mini.  Turns out she lost the fight of her citation and they were finally claiming fault.  Hooray for not being at fault and for finally getting my deductible back!

Once I arrived home from work, Jonathan and I took the cruisers for a short ride.  This is the first time Big Blue and I have ridden since the accident on election day 2010.  I'll admit I was a little timid when it came to curbs and turns but with my new helmet strapped on and Big Blue as sturdy as ever, the ride was delightfully pleasant.

Friday evening Jonathan and I joined his aunt/uncle and cousins in a delightful french dinner celebrating Molly's upcoming birthday.  Don't know a lick of French, but it was tres bien.  And, despite no doggy cupcakes, we celebrated Jackson's 1 year anniversary with us. It sure has been a quick year, and we couldn't have asked for a better addition to our family then our energetic sweet Mr. Jackson.

All this leading up to a 3 day weekend... not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment