Friday, February 26, 2010

Mom's visit

A few Saturday's ago, my mom arrived after a 12+ hour drive down from the the lovely island of Alameda, CA. The ginormous truck she was driving came packed with all kinds of goodness, like the much anticipated stacked washer dryer unit, a sweet poang chair,and some slightly scary family "heirlooms". I was really excited to see my mom, and quite relieved that I would no longer be making weekly trips to the sketchy Laundromat.

Unfortunately, Jackson didn't seem to share our excitement for my mom's arrival. After an initial sniff and grumble and then an eventual bite, we found out Jackson was a bit more aggressive than expected. It was reminiscent of a bad infomercial, there we stood, shocked and dismayed at our wild animal's unruly behavior. Luckily for us, and Mr. Jackson, my mom has considerable experience with dogs and working with them using many of Cesar Milan's amazing dog whisperer methods. I kid you not, given a few days of one on one time my mom was able to whip Mr. Jackson into shape. We are still working with him every time someone comes over but since her visit he plays better, he has learned words (toy, bone, treat), he has learned a "sit" command and overall seems to enjoy a little more structure and having more of an established role in the pack.

To the left are some pictures of Mr. Jackson as well as an awesome mosaic my mom completed during her stay in Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment