Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow in Phoenix?!?!

Sometimes Jonathan and I are mocked by relatives and friends when we report that its cold in Phoenix, but just yesterday it was cold enough to snow! The storm initially woke us up around 2 something Wednesday morning, but was kind enough to pause while Jackson and I enjoyed our morning run/walk.  We turned out to be quite lucky since only moments after walking inside, a wave of rain crashed down on Northview.  Throughout the day the skies would darken and a light rain would, spontaneously become a deluge.  

Around 4:00 that afternoon I started hearing rumors of snow in the valley.  Sure I thought, north valley perhaps, but turned out Central Phoenix was also blanketed with snow!

I didn't see too much snow in person, but here is a picture of my usual route home at about 3:30 PM. (Photo is taken by a co-worker's wife)

By the time I got home, the only snow remaining in our backyard was in one of our planters (don't mind the dead plants they were over taken by an invasive moth), in our poor little Sago Palm, and around the solar panels (more on those in the next post)


                             


                          
If you look near the blue pillar, you can see blue skies nearby 
 











Just in time for sunset we were back to our usual clear blue sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment