Monday, September 13, 2010

Operation Mosquito

Perhaps I am naive, but I think its pretty bad that the Health Department in Phoenix has an entire department dedicated to mosquitoes.   Recently our bug problem has been so bad that I can't stand still in our backyard without becoming a feeding trough.  After confirming with another neighbor how bad the mosquitoes are I decided it was time to make the call. The very next day we had someone come out to our house to hang a mosquito trap, which would be used to determine whether or not they would fog the area.  I appreciated the fast response, and the effort, but I could get more mosquitoes standing next to the trap for a minute then the trap captured within 24 hours.  4 measly bugs was all it caught, not accurate in the least.
 
The saving grace of operation no-squito was that they found a potential breeding ground.  Some fool on our street apparently didn't notice that their half empty pool had become a virtual hot spot for those little vampires.  We were told by the health department that the pool has been treated which should reduce their itchy spit, blood sucking, pesky numbers.  I'm not one to sue on a dime, but these people should have to pay the neighborhood for our shared pain and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment