Sunday, June 27, 2010

Talents?

Thank goodness for the many uses of Duck Tape.  My Dell power source has seen better days and appears to have a little wire disconnect close to the plug.  If you sit there and smush it, the light goes on and my computer charges, however the second you step away the wires again disconnect and my laptop is left to rely on a quickly dwindling battery.  In desperate need of some tunes for house work I knew I had to do something to get that little guy up and running.  Enter Duck Tape.   A little finagling here, a little smushing there and tadaaaa.  It aint pretty, but it worked like a charm. 

Today I decided to stop avoiding it and took on the joy of priming the living room ceiling.  Like a good little paint monkey I gathered all of the items in the living room and covered them with plastic.  At the time it seemed completely logical to remove the lamp shade of one of our tall lamps and place it in a safe location rather than move the entire lamp.  Hmm, and this was even before I'd started painting.  Not a good sign. 

After I finished painting I removed all of the plastic, rearranged the living room furniture and promptly replaced the lampshade. It wasn't until after I'd eaten my lunch and enjoyed a brief nap that I stumbled upon this little beauty.  Honestly, this takes talent.  I'd like to blame it on the 100+ degree heat and the strong paint fumes, but that would just be denial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment