Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Silly Quaker

While deciding whether or not to eat my oatmeal I noticed a question and answer segment typed on the package . “Does Quaker Oatmeal eaten uncooked provide the same benefits as when its eaten cooked?” What the heck kind of a question is this? I’d like to know who goes around opening instant oatmeal packets and tossing them back like a bag of M&Ms.

I thought about granola bars and considered perhaps this is what they mean by “uncooked oats”, but I wasn’t eating a granola bar, I was considering eating instant oatmeal. Last time I checked there were cooking instructions on the instant package, hence, not intended for raw consumption.

I’m sure the anticipation is killing you, so the answer to the question is “Yes”. For all those out there eating oatmeal out of the packet or tube sans any cooking, be reassured that you’re helping your health; however, unless you’re eating in a closet where no one sees you, you’re certainly not helping your social image. I'm not judging or anything, but honestly, raw oats?

1 comment: